Frequently Asked Questions: Applying
If I am denied, should I reapply?
If your initial application is denied, contact a disability benefits advocate like Citizens Disability immediately to ensure you make the correct decision for next steps.
Re-filing will start the entire process over, and could very well result in another rejection for the same reason (which could be as simple as an error or omission in your application).
You may be much better served by appealing the determination by asking for a Reconsideration and/or a Hearing. Your advocate will advise you on the smartest course of action for your particular situation, and can help keep the process moving forward more easily.
Other Applying FAQs:
- Can Citizens Disability help with my application?
- Does this process take as long as I’ve heard about?
- Can I receive both Medicare and Social Security disability benefits?
- Do I receive compensation while I wait for my approval?
- If I am denied, should I reapply?
- How long does it take for an initial application to be decided?
- What happens during the reconsideration stage?
- At which stage do I require an advocate?
- Should I give medical updates to the disability authorities throughout the appeals processes?
- Are there any costs to me during the appeals process?